District Child Protection Officer
District Child Protection Unit
Plot. No : 91 & 94, Ashok Nagar 3rd Street
Anjal Nagar, Madurai – 625 018.
Ph : 0452–2642300
E-Mail : dcpumadurai@gmail[dot]com
Social Defence Department
Social Defence Department under Integrated Child Protection Scheme has been functioning in 32 district of Tamilnadu from August 2012 at District Child Protection Unit. Its Chairperson is District Collector under him District Child Protection Officer and other following staffs are working in this unit.
Protection Officer – 2 Nos
Legal cum Probation Officer – 1 No
Social Worker – 2 Nos
Outreach Worker – 2 Nos
Councellor – 1 No
Accountant – 1 No
Data Analyst – 1 No
Data Entry Operator – 1 No
Activities of District Child Protection Unit
Social Defence Department, District Child Protection Unit was started in August 2012 under Juvenile Justice 2000 u/s 62(A).
This unit is performing the following Activities.
- Providing Care and Protection for the children below 18 yrs under JJ Act 2015 under sec 27.
- Providing rehabilitation for the children conflict with law under JJ Act 2015 under sec 4.
- Uploading details of children in Child Care Institutions in the website track the missing child
- Ensuring the minimum standards in all Child Care Institutions conducting Home Management Committee Meeting and ensuring the child protection in all Child Care Institutions.
- Monitoring and inspecting the Child Care Institutions.
- Getting registration under JJ Act 2015 under sec 41(1) from Department of Social Defence.
- Providing Foster Care and After Care scheme for deserving children.
- Legal Adoption through Special Adoption Agency as per rules and guidelines of the CARA.
- Sponsorship is provided for the children in need of Care and Protection.
- Foster Care scheme awareness was made to the public through Block Level Child Protection Committee, Village Level Child Protection Committee, Child Care Institutions meetings, awareness programmes, Sensititation was made through capacity programme.
- Preventing of Child Marriages and rehabilitation of child.
- Eradication of Child Labour and rehabilitation of child.
- Abolition of child beggary.
- Elimination of Child Trafficking.
- Preventing of school dropouts
- Providing counseling and support services and follow for the vulnerable children.
- Conducting awareness programmes in schools, public places, Pilgrim centers, Children Homes and Government departments etc…
- Sensitization and Capacity building training programme.
- Convening District Child Protection Committee meeting presided by the District Collector.
- Assuring child protection by convening Block Level Child Protection Committee meeting , Village level Child Protection Committee meeting.
- District Child Protection Officer is the Public Information Officer of District Child Protection Unit.